Friday, May 13, 2011

Promotion!!

So I was in the office the other day when the Sheriff walked in and asked me how long it had been since he put me out on the West Side of the county.  I told him it has almost been 2 years.  He asked me if I felt that I should be promoted to Corporal.  I told the Sheriff that was not up to me but it was up to him to make that choice.  The Sheriff told me he felt like I should be promoted.  So, I was. 
See, the West Side of the county is what is called a resident position.  Normally those that work the that area live out there.  Well, I do not live out there.  So I get to drive out there every day I work.  Its not to bad of a gig if you ask me.  The call load is lower....a lot lower, like maybe 3 of 4 calls a month, but it gives ya time to get to know the people, and make a lot of traffic stops.  I-15 also runs right threw it, so that means, a lot of dope on the street too.  Just a matter of catching the lil buggers.  I really like the West Side.  Not just because it is a Corporal position, that is just an added plus.  But because there is so much you can do out there.  Yeah, the call loads are not as high like I said earlier, but that is ok.  And yes, if you need back-up, its a long ways away, so you better know how to handle yourself a little bit.  But I like it cause it is diffrent.  A good change from what one gets use to doing all the time.
I know this post is not as "fun", I guess you can say as my others, but I just thought I would share with you the fact that I was promoted.  I'm not saying I am some kind of super cop and it's about damn time I was promoted, that is not the case at all.  I still have a lot to learn, and I am willing to try and learn more every day.  I just thought I would share a lil piece of my excitment with you guys....I know, I know...you dont care right?  I didnt force you to read this...you came to me remember!!
Anyways, have a good day or night..(whatever time it is for you) and enjoy the rest of the show!!
Peace!!

CORPORAL FISH IS BACK BABY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment